what does your garden mean to you?

Discussion in 'Plants: Conservation' started by growing4it, Jul 7, 2010.

1. growing4it

growing4it Active Member 10 Years

There is an episodes on CBC Radio 1's Tapestry called Back to the Gardenthat you can listen to at your convenience. I apologize in advance if anyone's offended by the spiritual slant, but this episode is about gardens!

The following paragraphs is an edited excerpt from that website.

Back to the Garden examines the connection between gardens and spirituality. Why is the garden such a potent symbol in so many religious traditions? Is this some archetypal Paradise calling us back? Or do we all just need to get out and feel the earth between our fingers?

Speakers include landscape architects and religious scholars, Gardener Marjorie Harris will talk about her garden and Stephen Scharper, an assistant professor of religious ethics and environmental studies at the University of Toronto, says the urge to get back to the garden is primal in human beings; at its root is a longing to choose life.

2. Margaret

Margaret Active Member 10 Years

This sounds interesting. I have made a note of the title and look forward to tracking it down on the web site. I often listen to Tapestry but missed this one.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Margaret

3. Aisya

Aisya Member

I too am Interested Margaret,

Thanks!

4. Lisa Chen

Lisa Chen New Member

Sounds interesting!