British Columbia: Vancouver Swap : Oct 18 09 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Plant Swaps and Meetups' started by tiger_lily, Sep 18, 2009.

1. forestlover

forestlover Member

Re: Vancouver Swap : Oct 18 - Discussion

Thank you all.

I just got home from the plant swap, and what a great way it was to spend a Sunday afternoon. And what a bonus that it didn't rain.

Thanks so much for hosting the swap Lily. It's always fun getting together with you and all the other enthusiastic gardeners, and meeting new friends who are just starting to garden.

I came home with more plants than I wanted to come home with but, geez, I couldn't resist. So many wonderful plants.

Thank you all, who showed up, for making it light and fun.

Hopefully we can do it again in the Spring. I'd like that.

Cheers, J. J.

2. bcgift52

bcgift52 Active Member

Hey - it was great seeing you all again and meeting new friends as well. I'll hopefully have more for you all in the Spring.

Eve - don't forget to come and pick up the rhodie.

Claudia - I can't find you on facebook - maybe you can find me 'Belinda Cardoso'.

Belinda

3. westcoastgarden

westcoastgarden Active Member

Thanks for hosting Lily. Your garden is wonderful - I'd love to get a piece of the golden raspberries at the spring swap.

I actually dealt with all my new plants as soon as I got home...that's a first for me! :-)

I'm looking forward to the spring.

Katherine

4. Eve von Paradis

Eve von Paradis Active Member

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to have met everyone at the plant swap yesterday. Thanks again, Lily. :)

And thank you everyone for all the great swaps as well as generous donations towards my rambling-always-in-various-phases-of-renovation garden.... which I hope you all will visit come Spring.

Westcoastgardener, I noticed that in the swap list, you were looking for a hardy jasmine. I don't know if you got it this time round. I do have several kinds.. 2 of which are hardy.. Star Jasmine (evergreen leaves) and another one (I can't remember its name, but it's also a hardy one, but not evergreen). So if you like, I'll make some stem cuttings for you this Fall, and it will be good to go in Spring.

Let's keep in touch, and at a later point, we can set a firmer date for the Spring Swap.

Cheers,
    Eve

5. Candy

Candy Active Member

Hi all: SO sorry I gapped and didn't have the address. Both Janet and I both 'thought' we had the address and were both wrong.

Maybe Janet and I could host the spring swap, as we're neighbours, and that'd save two people loading plants into their trunks. (and she has a carport in case it rains). Then we'd be sure to get there.

6. gardeningfever

gardeningfever Member

Hm, I thought i had posted a thanks but it got lost!

Thanks Lily for hosting!!!

It was so great to see everyone again and meet new people.

I'm also open for hosting a spring or fall swap next year.

Eve, come on over anytime to pick up a rhodie or two.

Karen.

7. westcoastgarden

westcoastgarden Active Member

Eve - if you could start your hardy jasmine's for me, that would be great.

The gardening bug took root on Sunday and I just couldn't help going to a nursery yesterday....

...I went to Amsterdam nurseries in Pitt Meadows and they have much of their stock on for 50% off. I (ahem) bought a lot.

There are some really good deals if you are out this way.

8. tiger_lily

tiger_lily Active Member 10 Years

Thank you all for your generosity and enthusiasm and for bringing snacks and such. What a fun time we had! I am grateful for all the wonderful new plants - I planted some of them already on Sunday night!

I very much look forward to our Spring Swap, and to seeing you all again, and hopefully more newcomers too.