Royal Paulowinia

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by C.Wick, Jun 19, 2008.

1. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

Purple fragrant blooms of the non-native Royal Paulowinia tree.....a beautiful quick growing 'ornamental'........This photo was taken on the bluffs in NE Kansas along the Missouri River.

Attached Files:

2. 777louann

777louann Member

I Bought 4 Plants From A Magazine, They Were About 2 Inches Tall, Only Two Plants Lived. They Are Three Years Old The One I Planted On The South Side Of The House Is Only 1 Ft. Tall And The One On The East Side Is Only 5 Ft. Tall. They Are Supposed To Grow 15 Ft In A Year. What To You Think Im Doing Wrong. I Have Been Reading Every Site I Could Find And Have Never Found One Person Who Said Their Tree Did Not Grow.

I Replanted The 1 Ft. Tree A Week Ago To The West Side Of Our House, It Doesnt Look Good At All.
    Could Someone Please Help Me!!!

We Have Only To Small Red Oaks That We Planted Seven Years Ago In Our Yard, I Was So Excited To Find A Tree That Would Grow 15 Ft In A Year. We Need The Shade Down Here Texas!!!!!

3. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Photo shows the comparatively immaculate flowers of P. tomentosa 'Lilacina', the profuse blooming form prevalent in gardens (and perhaps most wild stands) of North America. The typical P. tomentosa has less showy, darker, spotted flowers, and tends to retain spent brown fruits - making it less ornamentally effective.

4. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

I've no idea if this tree and the few others I've seen along our bluffs here were 'garden' variety or not....they were all extremely tall........and the flowers I photographed I'd actually picked up off the ground and collected the better looking for the actual photo. The tree I found these flowers under had very little foliage at the time and several vines and other trees trying to take over. Thanx for the note on this!