Photo Gallery rules

Discussion in 'Maple Photo Gallery' started by Daniel Mosquin, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Unlike the other photo galleries on the site, I'd like to impose a one thread per taxon or cultivar rule for the maple gallery.

So, if I post a photo of Acer griseum, and then someone else wants to post one, it should be posted as a reply to the thread Acer griseum instead of starting a new thread. This way all photographs will be in one place for a particular taxon or cultivar.

2. richardbeasley@comcast.net

richardbeasley@comcast.net Active Member Maple Society

Can we get a close up of the leaves as well as a picture of the general form aka shape and the color and texture of the bark? A picture of Cousin Itt just doesn't cut it. cousinit.jpg

3. M. D. Vaden

M. D. Vaden Active Member 10 Years

Hey...

Got my attention in the "New Posts" seeing a 2003 FAQ style instruction post rise to the surface !!

Did bring a question to mind though...

If someone starts a post for a Beech, Fagus sylvatica, would you want photos of that species' varieties to be posted in the same thread?

4. whis4ey

whis4ey Well-Known Member 10 Years

On a maple forum?

5. richardbeasley@comcast.net

richardbeasley@comcast.net Active Member Maple Society

At this point to keep things orderly, I would want it posted only to the photo gallery. The exception would be if there were a specific question relative to one specific tree.