Photo display problems

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by emery, Oct 28, 2015.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

@Daniel Mosquin, is that something to report to xenForo? I can't do new postings there.
    But first, why aren't all Mac users affected? Surely all our users aren't using PCs.

2. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

OK my bad, I tried the same test on a mac and it can see both files. There is no file filter in play as there was on firefox/linux. Using chrome on the mac.

What's more, it also works with chrome on linux. I do get a message with all the lower case file types, but the actual browse window then works correctly.

So I guess it is only Firefox that doesn't work right. Honestly Firefox now doesn't work right with many web sites, so I guess this is a non-starter. I'll switch to using the forums with chrome, and see how that works.

Thanks for all the time investigating, Wendy.

-E

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. wcutler

That last test I did was using Firefox. Yours is a current version?

4. emery

I doubt it: 50.1.0. I think the current Linux Firefox is around 53.

Actually the distro I'm running in different locations, OpenSuse 13.1, has been end-of-lifed, I'm in the process of doing full OS upgrades. Which is a tremendous PITA!

5. emery

Hopefully a last note on this. Running Firefox 53.0.2 (under Linux Mint 18.1) I experienced the same problem with the upload menu as shown in the screen shot. It works fine under the Chromium Browser, so I will use Chromium for these forums.

Further I now think the drag-n-drop problem is specific to the KDE plasma desktop. Mint has a more recent version than I was using, and now I can see that the drag-n-drop cursor icon sometimes goes to an 'x' while in the drop window. When this happens the drop fails. I believe in the previous version the cursor change simple wasn't being shown.

The only config I haven't looked at is Firefox/Mac.

6. wcutler

Thanks for the explanation, @emery (and I'm so glad you figured it out). By same problem, you mean this one where it only displays files with a lower case extension? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    capture-png.150221.png

7. emery

You're right! I got the same situation with Firefox 53.0.2.

8. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sorry, I've been away. It does seem like Firefox keeps going backwards.