Pacific northwest gardening black mondo grass disease? and fungus/moss id?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by ersh99, May 8, 2018.

1. ersh99

ersh99 Active Member

Hi- I have few questions/concerns regarding my garden, and hoping to get some expert opinions!

The first is in regards to black mondo grass. My mondo grass appears to have some sort of disease or fungus- each little strap has brownish white spots all over it. Also, something appears to be eating it but I cant quite tell so don't know how to proceed getting these plants to look healthy again. any ideas or knowledge would be much appreciated!

My second question is this strange moss/fungus? I really dont know what it is that has been spreading all over my soil and am worried it is effecting the health of my plants. It occurs mostly in more shaded areas but even spreads into sunnier locations. It started out small and now is covering a huge portion of my front yard. Does anyone know what this is? Is it damaging to plants? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. ersh99

ersh99 Active Member

Thank you!! Sounds like I have a battle on my hands.

Any other thoughts from anyone on what is going on with the black mondo grass?