Orchid ID

Discussion in 'Orchidaceae (orchids)' started by soltrad, May 18, 2006.

1. soltrad

soltrad Member

Hello,

I am trying to grow what I believe to be Dendrobium rennellii a species endemic to Solomon Islands. It has not flowered yet so I am not so sure. I am trying to find out information on the species and would be grateful for information describing this particular species

2. terrestrial_man

terrestrial_man Active Member 10 Years

I have been unable to locate any info on this particular species. But there are several books on Dendrobiums that include those in the Solomons. You would have to buy one of the books or maybe see if a library in your area has any book on them or can get one??

You really need to image the plant. Also if you have collected it you should make field notes on where, what the environment was like and try to monitor the natural habitat and make records of shading, rainfall, temperatures (at time of day), and anything that is pertinent plus lots of images because an image will reveal things that the eye cannot see at that moment! This really could become the only available info on this species if it is what you believe.