Mount Fuji Cherry

Discussion in 'Ornamental Cherries' started by Acerholic, May 5, 2020.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Hi, I have a Mount Fuji Cherry just to the left of my house, it has a lovely structure all season long, with beautiful flowers and fragrance in Spring.
    I have mentioned it to @wcutler earlier and attached a photo as I'm aware of her love of all things Cherry.
    Hope you all like it as much as my wife and I do.

Attached Files:

GreenLarry likes this.
  2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Acerholic, how nice to have such a lovely tree right there on your block. Ours are just about finished now. I just posted some photos of fruits on one of that cultivar that is near me. For sure, they are already at about their maximum size and they will not be edible. But they are interesting to see because we think that generally the ornamental cherries do not have the pollinators over here, and the double-flowered ones are supposed to have lost their reproductive bits to petals.
    Ask Douglas Justice: Do Japanese cherries produce fruits?

Acerholic likes this.
  3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Hi @wcutler, this one was planted 51 years ago when I first moved here. It's gone from strength to strength.
    I'm going to watch the Cherry forum from now on, I only have one in my back garden but will share photos of it next Spring on the forum; the flowers have gone over now.

Thankyou for your reply.