Looking for Labels

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by UBC Botanical Garden Front Office, Apr 26, 2006.

1. UBC Botanical Garden Front Office

UBC Botanical Garden Front Office Member UBC Botanical Garden

This message was received via email:

I am looking for a source of long lasting plant labels for a native plant garden we have installed. Where do you order your labels from and do you have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you

Abigail
    Santa Rosa Junior College

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hello Abigail,

We engrave our own labels at the UBC Botanical Garden. This is one of my duties as accessions technician. We can engrave either plastic or metal and make signs up to 12 x 24 inches. We do offer our services for small engraving/sign making jobs. Our customers have all been local so far and I imagine dealing with cross border shipping and tax/import issues may not make us the best choice for you.

There are many engraving services out there. You can search for a commercial operation in your area or mail order service. You may want to call around to local gardens, museums or other operations that have large need of signs/labels - chances are they make their own.

Click my name above to send me an email if you have more questions about this. I am happy to help.

Cheers,