Lemon tree leaf discoloration

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Owen Dempster, May 26, 2021.

1. Owen Dempster

Owen Dempster New Member

Hello,

I replanted my Lemon tree. This is my first go at it. I grew it from a seed from the grocery store lemon. I live in Canada Ontario. Can anyone identify what took place with my tree? I cut of all the leaves that looked like this in fear that it was a disease. The tree has mostly been inside and we have been having nice weather. The leaves are dark green and I left the tree outside for 48hrs then I came back to this.

Attached Files:

2. Will B

Will B Active Member

That is an odd colour and pattern... I don't recognize it as a nutrient deficiency, infection, or pest... could it be sunburn? Do they match where the sun was on it the longest?

Owen Dempster likes this.
  3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

4. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

I vote for sunburn. My mandarins got similar symptoms after being already several weeks outdoors, only then, when there was a heat wave, constantly clear sky with scorching sun, and temperatures at the hot spot near the south wall of my house, where I keep my warm weather loving plants, rose above 30ºC.

5. Owen Dempster

Owen Dempster New Member

Quite possibly, I did no know lemon trees could get to much sun. Although the uv index was high.