Jatropha Podagarica

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Kyle Reinhold, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Kyle Reinhold

Kyle Reinhold New Member

Hi everyone, because of the pandemic, I am here stuck in my mother's country (The Philippines), because US declared travel ban during the time of my visit here in my mother's home country I have no choice but to stay an extra of 5-7 months here, and I have a great time here and eventually I find myself being a plant-lover, so technically I am still a beginner, that means I still don't know many things about gardening and taking care of Plants.

The thing is I have this Jatropha Podagarica or usually called the "Buddha Belly Plant" and for the last 4 months of having it, it thrives well until this month I noticed that it is rapidly losing leaves and I also noticed all of my Jatrophas are all losing their leaves rapidly, while the temperature here in the Philippines is getting colder because it is the beginning of the Amihan Monsoon season making it actually cold out here but don't get me wrong the temperature here is not that cold as what we experience in the US. I also searched the Internet and found out that Jatrophas tend to go dormant, Are my Jatrophas now entering their dormancy? Can you help me>>?

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Kyle Reinhold good afternoon Kyle and welcome to the forum. First of all it would be helpful to have some photos to allow members to see what is going on with your Jatropha podagarica.
    If you need help in how to post these, please take a look at this tutorial. I have attached the link.
    Attach photos and files

3. Kyle Reinhold

Kyle Reinhold New Member

yes yes I will attach photos of it but as you could see in my comment I am here in the Philippines and it is midnight around in here, so maybe tomorrow the photos will be posted