Evergreen Privacy screen ?

Discussion in 'Garden Design and Plant Suggestions' started by BryanD49, Feb 23, 2008.

1. BryanD49

BryanD49 Member

I am looking for trees that are evergreen ,somewhat dense ,maintenance requirments moderate, grow to 15' or so tall , maybe 2' to 3' wide , & will harmonize with a Smaragd hegde The trees would be planted in an offset manner from the Smaragd hedge . There are also 3 12' tall camellias as well as 2 6' tall rhododendrons & 1 20' pear tree in the current hedge mix . I am trying to create a plant screen to give us privacy from the monster house next door . The area is 70' long & 12" wide . Some of the area is to be keep as lawn . I am also looking for 1 or 2 trees that are evergreen & grow to 15 ' to 20' tall & maybe 10' wide ( width starting around 4' tall ) . That will go in a corner area of plant screeen .
    Any help would be appreciated .
    Sincerely , Bryan

2. fernwood

fernwood Member

sorry i don't what country white rock is in or what zone? here are some suggestions anyway...magnolia grandiflora(clip to shape) ligistrum lucidum, luma apiculata, pittosporum tenuifolium.

3. BryanD49

BryanD49 Member

White Rock is a coastal town in British Columbia Canada . We have a very mild micro climate in my area . We grow windmill palms , as well as Pindo palms in our yard . Zone 4 I belive they consider it , but we rarley get any form of serious frost . We also grow some snow gums as well as some tender varieties of gums . Usually whatever snow or cold weather we get does not last for any real extended period of time . Also , the area of the privacy screen is behind the house ; so somewhat sheltered . Anyway , I will look up the names of the plants that you provided , and see if they will fit my design .
    Thanks , Bryan

4. fernwood

fernwood Member

OK! i know BC..." gods own country"..you should have no worries with the list of trees i sent you,as we have same climate. Dave