Acer palmatum 'Green Dissectum'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Acerholic, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Acer palmatum ' Green dissectum ' is one of my oldest trees in my garden, now 30 years old.
    Always in the same position in full sun all day long. Never a problem at all.
    At the moment it has a lot of new growth which always shows up as paler leaves, but this darkens in later Summer before an amazing Autumn show.
    I have photos of this from the past but will update the thread as I go along.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

August 6th 2020 and extreme heat is forecast over the next few days, so I thought I would post photos of my dissectums before and after to show how they cope. This I feel can be useful for people considering buying a particular variety.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

21st August 2020, two named Summer storms are going to hit later today with winds of 50 mph plus, so I thought it better to take photos early.
    All have picked up this last week due to cooler conditions and long awaited rain. The colours are changing !!!!
    Two photos showing the amazing new growth to my old Green dissectum this morning.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

28th August 2020 and the ground is incredibly wet for the time of year. Just had more hail stones and my maples that are heavy in leaf do not like it one bit.
    Not the best year for my old Green dissectum, not sure why tbh, but it goes like that!!!
    Close up to show how it has coped, still expect a lovely bright yellow in few weeks time.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

5th September 2020 and the diary continues, each day has a new colour on the leaves now. And tbh some rather strange colours this year.
    Sometimes you have to look from under a maple to appreciate the branching. So here is my old Green dissectum.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

8th September 2020 and the heat is returning, but very cloudy. My maples will enjoy this as long as there is no more new growth.
    Now from the top, this will be bright orange in a few weeks, but for now the many shades of green are still there to enjoy.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

9th September 2020 and new growth springing up everywhere. It so warm and today at 0800hrs it was 18°C.
    OK, one day since last posting, but just look at this. I just had to share it.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

18th September 2020 and a picture of the whole tree as requsted yesterday.
    My Green dissectum with some sun and wind damage plus new growth.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

28th September 2020 and after a few days of cold it's going to be warm again. 20° C. Strange year !!! When the sun shines on my Green dissectum it gives off an Emerald look like no other IMO.

Attached Files:

10. Acerholic

15th October 2020 and my Green dissectum is only just starting to turn. Very late this year. But the signs are there.

Attached Files:

11. Acerholic

21st October 2020 and I have to admit that the flash went off as I took this photo, but I thought nobody would mind me posting it.
    We should look at our trees in all light conditions IMO.

Attached Files:

12. Acerholic

24th October 2020 and I thought I would show my Green dissectum today and later today. It changes so very fast that you can almost watch it turn.

Attached Files:

13. Acerholic

I said I would add another later in tbe day of my Green dissectum and just 9 hours later, this is how it looks. It really is amazing at how quickly this one changes.

Attached Files:

14. Acerholic

25th October 2020 and after inspecting my trees this morning due to the storm yesterday, a hint of colour still remains.

Attached Files:

15. Acerholic

28th October 2020 and my Green dissectum is all coloured up now. This is by our kitchen window and glows every year.

Attached Files:

16. Acerholic

1st November 2020 and I thought I would show how quickly the leaves can drop. Autumn colour does not last long. So enjoy it whilst you can.

Attached Files:

17. Acerholic

24th January 2021 and this is how my Green dissectum looked first thing this morning against brand new fencing I just put up. Had to get that in Lol. The overnight snow just perched nicely on the green branches.
    Green dissectum 311.JPG

18. Acerholic

16th February 2021 and the glow of my green dissectum buds after a shower of rain in very warm weather for this time of the year brought me a lot of joy. I hope it does for everyone else. We all need it.
    Green dissectum 700.JPG

AlainK likes this.
  19. Acerholic

19th March and a warm sunny day, no rain for nearly two weeks so the watering regime has already started.
    Green dissectum 706.JPG Green dissectum 705.JPG

20. Acerholic

9th April 2021 and my bomb proof Green dissectum is putting out leaves, even though the temperatures would say not to do this.
    Green dissectum 184.JPG

21. Acerholic

18th April 2021 and sometimes you just have to get beneath your tree to appreciate it. So here is a morning shot of my Green dissectum leafing out.
    Green dissectum 199.JPG

22. Acerholic

23. Acerholic

26th May 2021 and my Green dissectum is now in full leaf. It had a root prune last year, so I was expecting a sulk, but no !!
    Another one of my 43 year old maples and I never tire of it.
    Green dissectum 240.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  24. Acerholic

11th June 2021 and my very old Green Dissectum is still growing so well. It never disappoints.
    Green dissectum 263.JPG

25. Acerholic

29th June 2021 and my Green dissectum is in full Summer colour now, with some nice second flush leaves to add highlights.
    Green dissectum 282.JPG

D97x7 likes this.