A wisteria

Discussion in 'Botany Photo of the Day Submissions' started by Weekend Gardener, May 19, 2006.

1. Weekend Gardener

Weekend Gardener Active Member 10 Years

Wisteria floribunda ‘Rosea’. I like the more subtle colours of this one.

Wisteria Rosea 19May06 078 1200.jpg

2. Karalyn

Karalyn Active Member

That is gorgeous!

3. Laughing Dog

Laughing Dog Active Member

Truly is a gorgeous Wisteria - approximately how old is this one? Just curious, as my flowers are not nearly as abundant, but my wisteria is only a few years old!

4. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

that has really lovely soft shading! i wonder if there's a variety with a similar subtlety with lavendar/purple tones?

5. splicer

splicer Member

how wonderful, thankyou for the colour on my dark day here in Calgary. If I was not in an apartment I would grow Wisteria. They are the lady of the Garden indeed.

6. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

The one I have out over my balcony has dark mauve flowers and as it opens it becomes pale with the dark tips. It is like a mauve version of the one above. It also has lovely long drapes of flowers like the one in the pic. I have this teemed with a lemon coloured Banksia rose that is in total riot at the moment. The Wisteria over the front gate area is just the plain beautiful mauve. My balcony wisteria is 25 yrs old and has been flowering since at least the 2nd year.

Liz

7. Laughing Dog

Laughing Dog Active Member

Liz,

If you are able to include a couple photos of your wisteria & rose combination I would love to see it. I have not yet seen a mauve wisteria, unsure if it is currently available here on Vancouver Island but it sounds absolutely magnificent.

8. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

I apologise for not having a pic. I am trying to get access to a digital so I can get it before the blooms are finished. It has done very well this year because we finaly got some soft rainy winter weather. Everything else is looking pretty stunning in the jungle that is my garden. Does anyone know the name of the tree that has PINK leaves which after spring turn to a non descript green. It is a tall thing and makes suckers (not too run away) Height is about 20 feet. This tree is by accident planted in the background view of the wisteria rose combination and is framed in the neighbour's birch trees who are just in their first soft leaf. The north wind (hot desert winds off central Australia) is blowing today and we are supposed to get 31 C. That wwill batter things around

Liz