Wollemia nobilis Seeds/Seedlings/Saplings for Sale in BC?

Discussion in 'Araucariaceae' started by fromthelake, Apr 6, 2020.

1. fromthelake

fromthelake Member

Hello,

I love araucarians, and would love to add Wollemia to my collection. I have gone through old threads to find out where I can find some of these trees. It seems like there is no availability at nurseries that others have suggested on here.

Does anyone have any tips on tracking one of these down? Preferable within a days drive of Vancouver.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. fromthelake

fromthelake Member

I emailed Minters over the weekend, and they got back to me this morning, saying that they no longer have any available.

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Don't know what you saw in old threads but perhaps all that have appeared on the market in my area have come from Iseli (wholesale) nursery in Oregon. To the extent that I would not be surprised if the Vancouver area outlets that have carried them in the past got them from Iseli also. So you need to be talking to any independent retailers within your territory that may be buying conifers from Iseli, see if you can get them to order some Wollemia.

In addition to the 5 gallon plants for on the order of 300 dollars US once marked up by retailers here there has been a dispersal of very much smaller plants in bands ending up being priced for something like $15-$17.