Thank you

Discussion in 'Maples' started by LorenzoDec, Mar 24, 2021.

1. LorenzoDec

LorenzoDec Active Member

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well!
    I'm a JM lover, and I've been collecting them for three years now. Since I found this forum, about a year ago, I feel like I've made huge steps in learning their peculiar needs. For this reason, I'd like to express my gratitude to all the wonderful people in this forum, who shared their precious knowledge over the years (and are still sharing today). If my maples are thriving now more than ever, it's thanks to all of you. I hope one day I'll be able to repay my debt :)

Best regards

Lorenzo

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Good evening Lorenzo and welcome to the maples forum, it is wonderful to have another contributer from Italy. Your words are very kind indeed and that is what the forum is all about kindness to help others. We all need that little bit of advice now and again however long we have been growing these amazing trees.
    I see you have been collecting for 3 years and it would be great to see some photos of how yours are doing there in Rome. I also imagine with the heat you have in Summer that you have to provide good shading, which is so very important to keep them happy.

Anyway welcome again

D

LorenzoDec likes this.
  3. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Hi Lorenzo,

We're glad to see you participating here, you're most welcome.

Don't hesitate to post pictures of your trees, be part of the gang ! ;°)

LorenzoDec likes this.
  4. LorenzoDec

LorenzoDec Active Member

Good evening @Acerholic, to me is indeed wonderful to find myself in this community. I'm still a newbie regarding maples, I have a lot to learn, but maybe in the future I can be of help to someone of us, who knows :)

It's true, Summer in Rome can be pretty harsh, but I actually live in the countryside, so it's a bit fresher. Alas, the soil here is heavy and claylike, thus all my maples are potted. On the bright side, this means that I can move them easily when I need to do so. As for the photos, tomorrow I'll make sure to take some to share here.

Thank you for your welcome

L

5. LorenzoDec

LorenzoDec Active Member

Hi @AlainK, I'm glad I found the courage (and the time) to join this community. Lurking is fun in the beginning, but gets boring very fast XD Jokes aside, I'm eager to be part of the gang, so rest assured that pictures will come tomorrow :)

Thank you for your welcome

L