Identification: several Senecio plants

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by jorielle, Dec 27, 2009.

1. jorielle

jorielle Member

1. I think all three are some kind of senecio plants. What type? The lower right is possibly Senecio talinoides.
    2. Are there two different senecio plants here, one green, one yellowish? What type?
    3. Close up of the yellowish senecio in pic #2.
    4. What are the two plants? Some kind of senecio and crassula?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

rosemarie will know!!

3. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

What confidence, Joclyn! Thanks (blushing), but I'm not so sure about that! :P

The first on the left looks like it could be Senecio 'Himalaya'. The other 2 in the 1st pic could also be Senecio, but I need to see them closer. Or...have you ever seen them bloom & do you have pix of that? The light blue one with what looks like a groove/channel in the leaves is interesting (& it is possible it is Senecio talinoides)! Any chance for more detailed pix?

In the 2nd pic, the one on the left looks very similar to the one in the 1st pic. Are they any where near the same size? I would say the yellowish one (in the 3rd pic) is a Senecio -but odd that color (too much water?) I don't know if it's my eyes, but I don't see this yellowish one in the 2nd pic. Can you tell me where it is positioned? Third pic plant might be Senecio barbertonicus.

In the 4th pic, the one on the left looks most like a Sedum to me (but could be other) & the one on the right Crassula -maybe 'Hummel's Sunset' or 'Crosby's Compact'.

Hope this helps a bit! :)

4. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

After doing some reading, I'm finding Senecio 'HImalaya' is not a valid name. Perhaps that 1st (on the left) & 2nd (on the left) at Senecio picticaulis. I don't see much stem, though, & I think it should have a stem more noticeable.