Invasives: Nonnative Invasive Plants of Pacific Coast Forests: A Field Guide for Identification

Discussion in 'Plants: Conservation' started by Daniel Mosquin, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Re: Nonnative Invasive Plants of Pacific Coast Forests: A Field Guide for Identificat

I got tired of waiting for the second link to load.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Re: Nonnative Invasive Plants of Pacific Coast Forests: A Field Guide for Identificat

Hmm, just worked for me at home. I find the USFS servers to be occasionally down.

4. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

The PDF file opened very quickly for me. It's an excellent source of information.

5. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Much quicker this time. Text looks like it might be pretty good, although they are using the same practice I have seen in certain British books of choosing one common name and then demoting all others given - in this case listing them as synonyms, as though they were botanical names.

6. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I wasn't bothered by the naming details of course, and really liked the description details, photos and the brief descriptions of similar-looking plants.

The USFS publications page says you can order printed copies, and it doesn't mention anything about a charge for that. I've placed an order, [edited] and they've confirmed they're going to mail it.

Thanks for posting this, Daniel.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012