Liquid Amber Tree - leaf problem

Discussion in 'Woody Plants' started by Pamela Glyn, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Pamela Glyn

Pamela Glyn Member

We have four beautiful big Liquid Amber Trees in our garden. They are about 15 years old. The new leaves have now just come out at the beginning of summer in Auckland, New Zealand, but it has been a wet start to the year. I notice that there is a nasty brown colouring on many of the leaves of one of the trees. What is it and how can it be treated? Has anybody any suggestions, I shall attach a couple of photos.
    Best Regards
    Pamela Glyn

Attached Files:

2. Geoffrey Ashley

Geoffrey Ashley Member

Dear Pamela

By chance I came across your query of 3 years back concerning markings on the leaves of one of your Liquidamber trees.

I have five Liquidamber trees in pots and in the ground which I have been acquiring during the past 2 years. I have just noticed that on four of them I have the same problem. We have had a very wet early summer here, although no other trees have been affacted, and there are several Field Maples and Hawthorns in the vicinity of these trees.

I see you didn't receive any replies to your query, but if did find out anything about this problem and possible treatments I would love to hear from you.

Geoffrey Ashley