Jupiter Grape Harvest

Discussion in 'Grapes and Grape Vines' started by Will B, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Will B

Will B Active Member

We harvested grapes from the 2 year old Jupiter grape plant today. The Jupiter grape has large, oval, seedless blue-purple berries on large clusters. It is a delicious table grape. The berries also have a pronounced flowery "Muscat-type" aromatic profile that carries through in wines made from it.

We got about 20 pounds of these yummy grapes from one plant that is only in its second year! Also, another crop is already forming on some of the plants, and I have seen before that they usually start another set of flowers in August for a smaller crop in October. Looks like this will be quite a great grape in the greenhouse and I have started training some to grow along the greenhouse rafters.

The ones I am trying outdoors are doing well but nowhere near ready for harvest yet.

Our notes on the Jupiter grape are available here: Jupiter Grape | Aprici

Additional photos of the Jupiter grape are available here: Grape / Jupiter | Aprici gallery

Attached Files:

Daniel Mosquin likes this.
  2. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

Nice harvest!
    Is this Jupiter grape a very early variety or do you have extra good conditions for this plant to get ripe grapes so soon?

3. Will B

Will B Active Member

The ones in the greenhouse have fully ripened and we are harvesting one plant at a time. The ones outdoors are still ripening. Still in the early stages of understanding grapes so not sure if this is particularly early or not.

4. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

The Jupiter grape seems like an interesting variety. Does anyone know a source for the vines in the BC Lower Mainland?

5. justalittlegardenobsessed

justalittlegardenobsessed Active Member

I haven't found a source I have been looking for it for years. Cloud Mountain Nursery just over the Sumas border has it (I tried it at a fruit testing day there) but it would require a phyto to get it across. I messaged Will B to see if he would sell cuttings but I did not hear back. If anyone finds a source I would love to know!

6. Will B

Will B Active Member

Sorry, somehow wires got crossed. I did not see your message until you mentioned it here. In any case, sorry to say we do have any Jupiter grapes currently. The list of what we currently do have for sale is available here: For Sale | Aprici

Also, we do not sell any cuttings. We only sell established plants locally at our hobby farm (in North Saanich, BC, Canada) and by appointment. Thanks.

7. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

8. justalittlegardenobsessed

justalittlegardenobsessed Active Member

Hi -- No worries Will, and thanks so much for the intel Junglekeeper!!