Italian Experience Needed

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by lhuget, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lhuget

lhuget Active Member

I have the pleasure to be in Italy from April 25 to May 23 this year. I will be seeing the country be car from Rome April 25 to May 9 (then business based out of Venice May 9-17) then back south from there returning from Rome May 23. I've seen the cultivated gardens in Venice, Florence, Rome, Tiovoli. I'm very interested about what you know and have seen outside the cities. I like forests, wildflowers, as well as cultivated gardens. I will hike but because I just hurt my foot I won't be able to do steep hills. I'm very interested in hearing about your favorite places for plants. I also love birds. I am interested in hearing from you personally and not interested in tourist sites because I've seen and learned so much from Belgian, Spanish, French and American friends from their advice based on personal experience. Thank you for sharing your personal experience.

Les

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

3. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

http://www.premier.net/~Italy/park.htm

I wanted to go but never got far from the Swiss boarder. Could not cope with the traffic as we drive on wrong side of the road for Europe, You should be fine.

Liz

4. alex66

alex66 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

In Rome Roseto comunale near Circo Massimo and Colosseo , Orto Botanico,Villa Borghese, big Platanus on the river Tevere;in Tivoli Villa d'Este Villa Adriana Belvedere di Tivoli ,river Aniene and artificial cascate; near Rome Farfa and most old Olea Europea of Europe to Canneto www.farainsabina.info/frazioni/canneto.html my garden!!!!,Parco monti Lucretili on the road for Palombara Sabina to Tivoli....

5. lhuget

lhuget Active Member

Wonderful!!! I have marked these on my map. Thank you. Grazie.