Can anyone identify this seed pod?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by anyDAZEcoo, Jun 25, 2011.

1. anyDAZEcoo

anyDAZEcoo Active Member

I think it is a seed pod at least. I know i should of taken a picture of the plant. I will try to get one in a few days if no one can identify it. It's from a vining plant very pretty leaves that are sort of maple leaf shaped but with a lot more points, with little yellow flowers and this bazaar sticker thingy. I really want to try and plant it from the seeds also. I am in hawaii but i don't believe it is a native plant. I searched and searched the internet but i cannot find it. Well here is the pictures, its quite interesting looking. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. thanrose

thanrose Active Member 10 Years

That looks like Momordica charantia but I think there are different species. We would call them bitter gourd here.

3. anyDAZEcoo

anyDAZEcoo Active Member

Oh wow thank you so much Thanrose! That is deffinently it! I love this web site, im really glad i stumbled upon it. Will i be able to use the seeds from this one? or do i need a more mature melon? Do you know any more info on this plant? It seems that this plant grows wild here. I hope it is not a pest. I've been reading up on it but i haven't found all the answers to my questions. Thanks so much for the help!