Alternate way to view photos

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by wcutler, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

We are working on the problems with the photo viewer. If a photo is not enlarging for you, an alternate way to view a selected photo is by clicking the arrow symbol next to the X in the upper right corner of your page, above the text that says Show in Original Location. This opens the photo directly in a new window. There are shortcuts you can use instead of clicking the button, but they seem to vary by machine. Shift-click or ctrl-click on the photo you want to view should do it.

If you have something to contribute to a discussion of this issue, please post your comments in the Photo display problems thread.

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I just learned from ROEBUK, in an unrelated forum posting, that you can try clicking on the picture name instead of the picture. That's a shortcut to clicking the photo and then the expand arrow, opens the photo in a new tab. [Edited]It look me a long time to find a thread with photos reluctant to display, but when I did find one, this method did not speed up the display. It is a shortcut, though, to opening the new tab, and you can move on and come back when the photos have loaded, and you can see on the tab when that is.

This only works if the photos have not been "attached" into the thread, in line with the text. That is the xenForo-recommended way of displaying the photos, which gives somewhat larger thumbs, but does not display the photo name.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.