Acer palmatum 'Lionheart'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

1st September 2020 and the very first Autumn dew arrives after a rather cold night. No apologies for posting this one the day after the last. Too pretty to not IMO.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

13th September 2020 and the sun is shining and it is getting warmer and warmer once again. So I hope my photo conveys this lovely near Autumn day. Ultra close up today of this beautiful cultivar 'Lionheart'.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

19th September 2020 and Summer is ending this weekend according to forecasts. Bright early morning sun is still helping maples in my garden to look nice. So much colour on my Lionheart today.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

22nd September 2020 and tbe Autum Equinox is here and so are the changes.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

23rd September 2020 and the first full day of Autumn. We have lots of rain so the dissectums come into their own IMO. And what a difference can be seen in just one day.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

30th September 2020 and my Lionheart now has those deep shades that it is so well known for.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

2nd October 2020, sun after heavy rain is such a good combination on my Lionheart.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

7th October 2020 and my maples are either turning to Autumn colours, or have new Spring like growth or the leaves are just ready to drop. Such a strange year.
    Possibly my favourite dissectum in my garden atm is my Lionheart. Just so many colours!!!

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

23rd October 2020 early morning sun on my Lionheart with a few Autumn Prunus leaves now scattered, what could be better!!!?

Attached Files:

AlainK likes this.
  10. Acerholic

26th April 2021 and my very first posting of my Lionheart for the start of another season. I wanted to get this shot, as when they just start to open, I feel they are just so wonderful.
    Lionheart 203.JPG

11. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

'Lion Heart' today, looking lovely. I remember when it was just a little graft.

Attached Files:

Acerholic likes this.
  12. Acerholic

14th May 2021 and my Lionheart after a little shower of rain.
    Lionheart 227.JPG

13. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

This tree has really been getting my attention lately. I moved it so I can observe it more.

Attached Files:

D97x7, MapleMO and Acerholic like this.
  14. Acerholic

27th May 2021 and my little Lionheart is getting the colours that make this maple so special. A lot darker than D @LoverOfMaples, but they are a continent apart....
    Lionheart 241.JPG

15. Acerholic

10th June 2021 and my Lionheart shows different shades of red from all angles now at this time of the year.
    Lionheart 260.JPG Lionheart 261.JPG

LoverOfMaples and D97x7 like this.
  16. Acerholic

15th April 2022 and I was so pleased to see my Lionheart this morning. It has started to leaf out almost overnight.
    Lionheart April 2022.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  17. Acerholic

24th May 2022 and my Lionheart in full leaf now.
    Lionheart 24th May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  18. Acerholic

29th May 2022 and my Lionheart is now transitioning to Summer. This is such a mellow looking cultivar.
    Lionheart 29th May 2022.JPG Lionheart 29th May 2022 (2).JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  19. Acerholic

16th November 2022 and my Lionheart started to glow this morning after Sooo much rain in the past 24hrs.
    Lionheart 16th November 2022 (2).JPG Lionheart 16th November 2022.JPG

Romain01 and LoverOfMaples like this.
  20. Acerholic

15th April 2023. It's so good to see them come back after the Winter that seemed to go on forever.
    PXL_20230415_121908192.jpg