Post a peek of yourself here...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

I am pretty sure lttle pink flower is what usually refered to as a weed. However if it is that I knew a lady who used it for a herbal tea. I think it prefers the rough life too not potted splendour. Mine grows out in the paddock

Liz

2. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi everyone,
    A few pics of our dinner a little while back. We were in the provincial Capital for a food show. Lovin the crab and chicken, Excellent:)

Attached Files:

3. Nath

Nath Active Member

Tugo,

Its from Mexico, its typically Maya, keeps you nice and cool in the hot Yucatan summers. or even at home in Mexico City for that matter.

Nath

4. tugo

tugo Active Member

Thanks Nat. My reason to ask was that the same/similar patterns have/had the Mayans (is that correct gramatically?) Nepal people and some part of Turkey. Interesting for me.

5. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Ohhh I love Classic car shows for Photo opportunities. We also have a resident squirrle who is never bothering us till Automn comes but then we have a BIG Mainkoon Cat who is VERY territorial haha
    We buy our Szechuan Pepper at the T&T on Renfrew & 1st Avenue we have not noticed any restriction in last two years since we arrived
    Chinese pronounce 'huajiao' and Cantonese 'fajiao' ...Yes I love the tingle also. Once I saw in Chongqing in a factory 6men with wooden spoons the size of rowing boat rows standing over a wok +- 6Meters across.. turning pieces of chicken . Lunch for 4000 sewing girls in a Down Jacket Factory. Than came the man with a pot ( let say 15kg -20kg ) of chillies the Szechuan pepper goes in the beginning. I then tried the lunch with some rice and ended up in the WC of my hotel for 3 days :-) yee haa ... Since then I have learned to controle the intake of spices that I love :-)

6. Nath

Nath Active Member

HollyBerry Ladt,

I liked the peppers, I have a few varieties growing in the green house, Chile Chipotle and Chile Poblano, which we love roasted and stuffed with cheese from Oaxaca with either Salsa verde and sour cream or Salsa Ranchera. Delicious!!

I am experimenting this year with Chile Pasillo, not sure how they will go as yet. What varieties of Chile Pepper are you growing?

Nath

7. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

THEY ARE NOT FORGET-ME-NOT FLOWERS.
    THEY ARE
    TEXAS CENTAURY FLOWERS.

So get it right or else. <:-P

8. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Lol. Rather cocky, from the person who didn't know themselves, just a short time ago!

: O

There are pink forget-me-nots though, that look very similar and spread like wild fire! I prefer them in a pot so they can't spread everywhere.

Nath, this year I am only growing 'FireCracker' and 'Trifetti Variegata', in the way of chiles. Your varieties sound lovely, also.

: )

9. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

I just don't like people calling mules donkeys or Star Wars Star Trek.

I'm picky. <.<

10. The Hollyberry Lady

Of course, a correct identification is desired - I am a stickler about wanting to know exactly what something is, especially if I am growing it.

It was the 'so get it right' comment, that I thought was comical.

Glad you found out what it is, ShearMe.

11. vicarious1

I don't know, this thread is not very long yet and already I feel like there are problems arising
    about wordings, names, way of calling or identifying things
    Can't we all be ADULT about it ...
    what ever something is or now each one can take it or leave it
    I would not dream to contradict someone .....or calling him cocky....
    with or without a smiley or other funny sign...before or after
    MY honest way of feeling things...

So go figure what is in my floral montage of the day :-)

Attached Files:

12. The Hollyberry Lady

ShearMe and I are friends!

They aren't offended at all about it - in fact we have been chatting in private messages for the last hour!

: O

13. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Oh I was mostly joking about the naming of the plant, Vic. In another thread, I called HB's Lotus a Lilly! I now know the difference and that much more about plants merely because she corrected me.

So, maybe now you know the difference between a Forget-me-not and a Centaury, maybe you don't. It does not really matter in the end.

As said in my hydroponics book: Crap in = Crap out! (Said much nicer in the book.)

14. The Hollyberry Lady

Just to to publically state too - I am sorry ShearMe, if in fact you were offended by my comment. I would never intentionally put someone down or make them feel bad. Sorry if it came across that way. I was really just teasin'

Yes, I stand corrected about the forget-me-nots. I think ShearMe will be teaching me many things too - I have much to learn also. You do have a greenthumb, ShearMe. Great we are friends.

15. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

I know you tease. ;)

Vic, what all plants do you have? It seems there's a forest you're hiding on your property!

16. M. D. Vaden

M. D. Vaden Active Member 10 Years

Okay - there are a few scraps here and there.

Let's see - hmmm ....

Tossed in one with two of our children too from some years ago.

Attached Files:

17. The Hollyberry Lady

Oh you have a beautiful family, M.D. Vaden - thanks for sharing.

18. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Oh, I'd love to have some big trees like that! What kind is it?

19. The Hollyberry Lady

Yes, what kind of tree is it...

Sorry, ShearMe, to butt in, but I must say briefly...

Vicarious1: not to worry, ok? I could see how you would think I was being insulting - the nerve of me! You didn't know that ShearMe and I were garden pals.

It's good you brought it up, in a way, because maybe others were thinking I was being rude too - 'pretty cocky there herself, this Hollyberry' - they may have been thinking. LoL!

Hope we can just carry on with this thread, and still be friends - because I rather enjoy your wonderful pictures in your emails, as well as here.

You are a most creative and talented gardener - I always tell you, Vicarious.

Sherry

Attached Files:

20. vicarious1

Waouu how many screens... hope you switched to LCD since .. if its security I am sure you know you can get that all in ONE screen:-) less elec and less of all the bad stuff from screens.
    The tree looks swell I would build nice seats between each segment and have a cool sit out area :-)Or the other way round built a table INTO the center that sticks out between each branch and than have a circular bench around and a few mirrors places to cut the dead corners :-)...

21. vicarious1

Not all are mine :-).. The center and the Roses are from the Rose show ..Only the Hydrange ( last year) one Peoney..from across the steet still waiting for ours to bloom Its just a montage of flowers in general....This year all is soooooooo later beside the Cleamtis and the Tulips there weren't many flowers. With the economy emphasis on the veggies this year :-) Here are a few shots.
    and I am about to enherit on www.freecycle.org another batch of plants and trees Hydranges, blue spruce, camphor (new to me ) and some other stuff from a very kind lady..I love Freecycle so many plants I have received and even real person to person frienships created.

Attached Files:

22. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

The Clematis flowers look spectacular!

23. vicarious1

Thank's I can't wait for my 250+ Day lillies collected on the side of the road that will bloom soon. Anyone ever grown OCRA in Canada?

24. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Shearme,
    The tree's in Vaden's pics are Arbutus Tree's, they from what I can tell. I posted pic's of some earlier in this thread. As far as I know are specific to the Pacific Northwest.

25. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

WOW! Those look amazing in Google Images. Does the bark really peel? I love peeling trees because the new wood underneath is so soft...

I like the twisty turny look too, and Vic's idea about the bar with mirrors was great!