Please reccomend hoyas to me.

Discussion in 'Vines and Climbers' started by leah00010, Mar 24, 2007.

1. leah00010

leah00010 Member

Hi, I had a whole long list of hoyas, probably 250 species. All of wich I looked up on the web to see which I liked. I narrowed it down to about 40. Unfortunatlly after I did all this work my husband upgraded the interned. Needless to say it was all lost. Please reccomend some hoyas to me. I like the ones with red or other colors in the leaves and the ones that grow fast and have unique leaves and flowers. Also where I can get healthy plants or starter plants from. Thank you Leah

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I'm not knowledgeable enough to make recommendations, but perhaps you could target a bit of new research to some of the better resources on the web:

Swedish Hoya Society contains some photographs and details on 17 species

The Hoya Page also has a number of images and descriptions

3. Ines

Ines Active Member

two with red in the foliage off of the top of my head are sigillatis and variegated carnosa...but the amount of red in some hoyas depends on the amount of light they receive. www.myhoyas.com has an extensive list with good photos.

Any Home Depot should have a minimal selection of hoyas from Exotic Angel in hanging baskets, the rest of mine I have gotten thru trades with people I met on hoya forums.