Pics of my two Hibiscus

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by hibielover, Nov 25, 2006.

1. hibielover

hibielover Active Member

These are my only hibiscus [for now! lol] i think this is going to be really addictive, collecting and growing them!

Attached Files:

2. chuckrkc

chuckrkc Active Member

These are beautiful. Where do you have them growing? Any tips so far in growing or selecting them?

3. hibielover

hibielover Active Member

Hi Chuck! Thanks for your reply, would you believe they are in our basement [lol] under pretty good grow lights. I must confess, they were purchased at our local home grocery store,so have no official names! Thats ok thou, our daughters named them,'Sunrise' and 'Sunset'!
    As far as growing them,because they are flowering right now, they are watered with a weak 20-20-20 every few days. I've noticed the huge one, likes lots of moisture. Good luck with your plants!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  4. James D.

James D. Active Member

your palnts are very nice, and believe me it is an addictive plant. i have over a dozen now. If you every like to trade cutting via mail just let me know, i have lots of colours and would love some of yours.

5. James D.

James D. Active Member

these are pictures of other varieties I hav, not taken by me since mine are not in bloom at the moment, i found them on the canadian hibiscus society website.

Attached Files:

6. James D.

James D. Active Member

plus i have 3 pictures of others i have on another thread in this forum, my others varieties are not listed on any website for they are more umcommon. hope you enjoy the pictures. the first picture is 5th dimension its a good 8-10 inches across, and the second is called amanda nicole and its never stops blooming.

7. hibielover

hibielover Active Member

Your hibiscus are so lovely!! Thanks for the pics. I wouln't mind trading cuttings, I'm just unsure how they would survive the transport. We are having very cold [-35] temps right now! perhaps we could exchange them, more towards spring?
    WOW,you have over a dozen!! Love to see some more pics , if you have? Bye for now,F.M.