Organic Meyer Lemon Under Attack!!!!

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by devinrae55, Jun 12, 2008.

1. devinrae55

devinrae55 Member

I bought a meyer lemon tree from a local nursery 2 weeks ago, I planted it in a large terra cotta pot containing organic soil and a good amount of perlite for drainage... I have given it "fox farm peace of mind organic fertilizer", and spray its leaves with "Einstein" neem oil every other day.... I even purchased a water, light, and ph detector. My leaves began turning yellow at the petiole and vein several days ago. The petiole is still connected to the branches, but the leaves fall off so I assume the tree may be experiencing stress. I did see some leaf miners on several leaves, I promptly removed them... now I am beginning to think scale, I have posted several times to this site, all because of scale on previous plants/palms. Could it be my apartment deck?
    What do you think the cause of these lost leaves may be? I have included some pictures below... You can see that it is beginning to look terribly leggy. And also, should I wash the oil off of the leaves from time to time or can they still breathe?

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      97.4 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      97.1 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      118.3 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      85 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
    • 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      187.1 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      226.2 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      204.5 KB
      Views:
    • 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

One thing for certain your tree cann't have a scale problem, not if your spraying neem oil every other day. Are the yellowish leaves the older leaves, and are they only coming from the bottom of the tree? Leaf miners will only bother the newly flushed leaves, not the old mature leaves. So why are you spraying neem oil so often?- Millet

3. Laaz

Laaz Active Member 10 Years

I agree with Millet. I see no evidence of leaf minors on anything you posted. Let the tree be & it should be fine. Replanting a tree that size will cause the stress you see, but should recover without a problem.