Not logged in postings

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Cynthia - Prescott - AZ, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Cynthia - Prescott - AZ

Cynthia - Prescott - AZ Member

Hi Daniel. Is there any way to easily tell if a post that you are checking-out is from a member that failed to log on? If so, can an email be sent about this before posting? I hope to not have this happen again, but if the post doesn't show up, can we email you to ask if the post is sitting in your 'Posts To Look At File'? Cynthia

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi Cynthia,

Sorry - no, there's no easy way for me to tell when I review the posts to be moderated as to whether they are from someone who has actually registered and is not logged in.

I imagine what's occurring is that people are receiving email notifications that a thread has been replied to (or a notification of new posts) and then skipping directly down to the replies, instead of receiving the visual cue of the "you're not logged in or not registered" text-filled box on the top of each page. With the "Quick Reply" method, I don't think the warning box is seen.

With a regular reply, the warning box is just above the area to enter a reply, so I've been under the impression that this is a good enough visual cue, but perhaps not? I'm not sure what I can do to make things easier, other than perhaps forcing people to be registered and logged in to participate... http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11280

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Just wanted to add that this should now not be a problem, since I've changed the forums to require registration (and being logged in) to post.