Identification: "New" One That May Appear in Vancouver - 'Taizo' - Angel's Blush - double pinky-white

Discussion in 'Ornamental Cherries' started by Ron B, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

2. dt-van

dt-van Active Member 10 Years

Re: "New" One That May Appear in Vancouver

Note also that it says "Wonderful small size tree for urban and patio gardens. Reaches just 6 feet tall and wide." and in the same link it says "Average landscape size: Moderate grower to 18 to 20 ft. tall and 10 to 12 ft. wide".
    Looks like some unsuspecting patio gardeners are in for a big surprise.

3. Douglas Justice

Douglas Justice Well-Known Member UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society 10 Years

Re: "New" One That May Appear in Vancouver

Fascinating. I'm interested to see if this cultivar is any more or less disease resistant than other smaller stature double whites. I'm also curious to see whether Monrovia took the trouble to virus index the cultivar. It's a good question, considering that it's probably micropropagated—Monrovia wouldn't bother with grafting, would they?—and virus cleanup is pretty straightforward for plants already in tissue culture. I would love to see if it actually gets into Canada, as it would have to be indexed to be legally imported.