New member saying Hello!

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by GreenLarry, Sep 12, 2007.

1. GreenLarry

GreenLarry Active Member 10 Years

Hi fellow plant lovers,my Name's Larry and I live in the north east of England

I found this site quite by accident when searching for some info on conifers-(I love trees but I've never really got into conifers, until now!)
    I must say, what a site too! Looks very in depth, not just another gardening site, which is just what I like, technical plant stuff, botany etc!

Took me a while to decide where to post this intro though ;)

Anyway, I have been interested in plants of all kinds for many years and have grown a few strange things from seed etc-I have grown peanuts out of curiosity, got a carrot top to sprout with roots that had a brief life as a houseplant and love trying things out of the ordinary.I also have a thing for ferns and just bought a rather nice one for a shady patch in the garden.

My big love is trees though, Ive always admired them but as I get older(I'm 41 soon!) I find I'm more drawn to them, the bigger the better! I recently got a couple of Thomas Packenham's books full of superb photos and would love to do something like that myself one day!

Unfortunately my garden isnt big enough to house anything bigger than an old plum tree so I have to admire from afar!
    I would love to have my own tree site/forum one day,there just isnt one out there like this, but with 2 young kids,one learning to crawl, I just dont have the time.
    Anyway thats my overlong intro done, Its time to make a cuppa I think and search the forums,maybe show off my new fern?

Take care

Larry

2. Debby

Debby Active Member 10 Years

Hi, Larry!
    You can do portraits of your little ones beneath/on/in trees, thereby combining your loves. And little ones love to garden/look for bugs/help Dad too.

Thanks for posting! Saw the fern. Looks very sturdy and happy.

3. GreenLarry

Hi Debby,yes my 3 year old girl loves to hunt in the garden for bugs and spiders,just like I did as a kid(still do!) We have 5 Tarantulas too and she knows them by name.

4. Nuts

Nuts Member

Hi Larry! :) Welcome to the site!

5. GreenLarry

Thank you nuts(that sounds weird;))