Merge Fungus & Lichen ID with Fungus & Lichen Appreciation & Discussion

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by Daniel Mosquin, Nov 6, 2009.

?

Should the Fungus and Lichen ID forum be merged with the F and L Appreciation Forum?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2009.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Don't know / Don't care

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

In much the same way as is being done now for Indoor & Greenhouse Plants and Indoor & Greenhouse Plants ID (the two forums are being merged), I'm wondering if that makes sense for the two fungi & lichen forums as well.

Read this thread for a discussion on the topic in those forums, and in particular this post on how it would work (there will still be a way to separate out ID Help questions) -- and then come back here and vote!

2. Steve G

Steve G Member

I voted yes and am new to the forum. I joined to a) get help with IDs and b) learn more about fungi/lichens/slime molds. I think combining the two offers a nice mix of the various helps those of us who are not well versed in the field are needing. At the same time, I think it makes it easier for the folks who help to only have to look in the one place.
    I'm sure there are some who have good reasons it may not work, but from my perspective it seems to make sense.

3. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

I've voted yes because often ID request threads turn into broader discussions of the organism, and I enjoy that.
    Also, per the link Daniel provided above on the indoor plants merge, I like the idea of flagging threads with "ID request."
    cheers,
    frog

4. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

Voted yes for the above reasons........plus.....sometimes I have problems opening the page to either...and will have to click on the other.....lol

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

...and the merger is complete.

6. fish dr

fish dr Active Member

thank you.