I want to say thanks to everybody

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Luke’s Maples, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Luke’s Maples

Luke’s Maples Generous Contributor

I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all the members, from all over the world who sent me messages of support following a really tough time I had at the end of last year. This resulted in me having to move house and face the prospect of me selling my beloved collection of Japanese Maples. Many of you on here helped by sharing this with others and I managed to sell almost half of my collection. This enabled me to afford a hotel whilst I found somewhere else to live.

I am now in a new house, albeit a rented room in a shared house. The family are lovely and have allowed me to bring what what’s was left of my collection.

After a few months of shuffling them around I decided to make a ‘walk around’ video of both the back then front garden. I have posted this on YouTube, inspired by Mark @ROEBUK. The video is a little rushed and I am a little edgy but it’s my first attempt and I guess nerves got the better of me. I will share it on here. In case the link doesn’t work it is simply called ‘My Japanese Maple collection’

Once again thanks to all, sincerely.

A special thanks to Mark @ROEBUK who bought loads of my trees and to Derek @Acerholic who offered his help and advice throughout my struggle.

kind regards

Luke

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

'Perfect' Luke. And I'm now sorry I bought a couple of your trees, but they are being looked after very well indeed. Here's to the future.........

3. Luke’s Maples

You have nothing to apologise for. I do however desperately want to replace that Orion lol

Georgia Strait likes this.
  4. Luke’s Maples

Thanks for the kind words too of course :-)

5. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

They are deserved as I said before.

6. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

All developing very nicely at this moment, albeit they are all in my workshop until the back end of next week due to the severe weather forecasts over the Easter hols. Glad to have helped you out and nice to hear your settling into your new accommodation.

7. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Very good video there Luke, should have left your comment box open so people can give you praise for your hard work, and tell you how much they like your video, look forward to you doing more through out the seasons.

Acerholic, Margot and Luke’s Maples like this.
  8. Luke’s Maples

Thanks Mark. Hi praise from the man himself;-)

9. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    A touching message from you Luke’s Maples — I have read some msgs earlier about your move and concerns about your special trees

Best wishes and peaceful Easter to you and yours in all Kingdoms (plant / animal) fr British Columbia Canada.

Luke’s Maples, Acerholic and Margot like this.
  10. Luke’s Maples

Thanks from Oxford, although born in Gods county myself too. Vancouver to be precise ;-)

Georgia Strait likes this.