Elephant bush

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by JulieAnne, Apr 10, 2021.

1. JulieAnne

JulieAnne New Member

I inherited what I just discovered is an Elephant bush I believe. It wasn't in the best shape when I got it and I left it in its itty bitty pot it came in. It's been a year, I just repotted it and I think it needs some help? Do I trim it? It seems healthy but very stalk like and not alot of leaves. I dont know how to help it. I do know I may have been watering too much during the winter. Any advice is welcome. Also, do I keep in direct sunlight or indirect?

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

All the sun you can give it, although you should acclimate it slowly if it hasn't been exposed directly to the sun. The long stem looks to be a byproduct of long periods of insufficient light as it tries to stretch out and reach more. I don't know if it will initiate leaf growth along the stem if the light regime changes, others with more experience will need to talk to that.