Dracaena Reflexa Plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by sword88, Apr 14, 2015.

1. sword88

sword88 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    this is my first time posting... I have a Dracaena Reflexa plant and I need some information on how to replant it. It has been dropping leaves regularly lately. About a month ago I looked at the roots and tried to see if there was any rot and the roots are growing around in circles I did remove one piece of the root that was hard and was unsure on whether to cut the circles of root or just leave them as is. When I did this I had only a little bit of new soil so I put that in the bottom and the old soil on top hoping that would maybe help but it is still shedding two to three leaves per week. I don't have much plant experience in fact I only have one plant this is it. I keep it at work. I want to know what to do to keep it from dying. This plant has very special meaning to me a week after my son passed away another bud came up and is now taller than the original.. may sound silly but it reminds me of him. I would like to know the best soil to plant it in,should I cut the roots,how much bigger of a pot should I get and any other tips you can give me.. I water it once a week It is what I have always done and I watering it too much or not enough? I apologize for ALL of my questions any advice would be really appreciated. I tried to attach a picture of it but failed it is below this I am not that computer savy :(

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

*bump* on behalf of user

3. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

looks like it needs more light, can you put it outside for one day a week or something

4. Charles Philip

Charles Philip Active Member

Pot it up to the next size, about two or even four inches wider. Allow it time to adjust, leaves may drop, thats alright. It wants more light but should "tolerate" where it is. Your watering schedule sounds ok. How long have you had it?