Chamomile lawn

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Acerholic, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

In 2018 after decades of having a lawn I decided it was time to give more room for my trees, so over several days it was dug up and removed. In it's place I laid pine bark to give a woodland appearance. But after a few years of seeing just a dark brown surface, I thought it was time for some green in-between my stepping stones.
    I didn't want grass again, so I decided upon Chamomile to place where feet might crush it and give a lovely scent.
    So I thought I would post a thread on me starting the journey from sowing seeds to hopefully planting out in early May. I ordered 20,000 and put in many 9cm pots and this is how one of the pots is looking after 6 weeks.
    I will be thinning them out soon, but might keep them in clumps to give a nice cushion effect.
    I would be interested to hear others experiences with Chamomile, as it is my first time in planting this.
    Chamomile 710.JPG

2. Dr. Green Thumb

Dr. Green Thumb Member

Derek, could we have an update? My lawn is much too large and time-consuming.

3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Hi my update is not what I was expecting it to be. It all grew far too high and needed trimming not far off what a lawn needed. So I abandoned the trial. I now have trees and bark chippings in place of a lawn.
    Not ideal for kicking a football around or for children to play on though. Lol.

But it was worth a try.