Hibiscus seedling

Discussion in 'Plant Propagation' started by hibielover, Jan 29, 2007.

1. hibielover

hibielover Active Member

It finally popped out of the soil! Just wondering what size pot to put it initially?

Attached Files:

2. James D.

James D. Active Member

Wait untill the roots have filled the cell pack, then start it in a 4", then bump it up to a 6" when the 4" has become roots bound and so on and so fourth. What kind of Hibiscus is it anyways?

3. hibielover

hibielover Active Member

Thanks for the answer James! It is a cross between my two unamed tropicals,so it might turn out to be any color.[guess I'll name it Walmart!LOL] kidding of course,I'm not familiar with hybridizing,its a first atempt,so I'm quite thrilled anything grew!!

4. James D.

James D. Active Member

well congratulations on germinating them indeed, i try to hybridize mine at home but nothing seems to come from it, and with all they gray days we have been having in Ottawa i haven't got many blooms ( just one plant out of 12). Hopefully this summer i can get some to cross, if you are ever interested in trading plants /cuttings let me know i have lots of different hibiscus to share.

5. hibielover

hibielover Active Member

Thanks again! When its a little warmer,trading cuttings,sounds great! You have 12? Whoa,I'd have to do some serious shifting, to fit more hibs lol!!