Where to buy Drosera capensis in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Advena, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Advena

Advena New Member

I would love to know where one can find sundew (Drosera capensis) plant in Vancouver? They seems o be way less dramatic than Nibbles' kind, don't need that much light, and will be a great solutions to my fungus gnats problem. Capturing thse little annoyances are a pain, and although Nibbles prefer, well, nibble-size servings, it still prefer about three gnats for a meal. Otherwise it wouldn't bother. I feel I'm insane enough and do not need "ability to handle a gnat to the extent that it was squeezed just enough so it will wait patiently for itself to be devoured" to add on to that insanity chart.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2022
  2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Sundews usually appear in stores later in the year when the weather is warmer. It was around mid-June last year.

They're great for catching fungus gnats. However if you have a larger number of gnats, you should attack the root of the problem which is overwatering, leading to overly wet soil which they thrive in.

3. Advena

Advena New Member

Thank you! I'll keep an eye on stores website.
    I have been working on the fungus gnat problem and there seems to be fewer than before. However, they never fully go away (plants are indoor) and I guess I'll have to live with that before I move these plants outside or change the substrate.

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years