Acer palmatum 'Orangeola'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by MtnGato, May 29, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

21st August 2020, two named Summer storms are going to hit later today with winds of 50 mph plus, so I thought it better to take photos early.
    All have picked up this last week due to cooler conditions and long awaited rain. The colours are changing !!!!
    My Orangeola has done very well throughout, very pleased. Brighter colours now emerging ready for the hopeful explosion of colours in just a few weeks time.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

22nd August 2020, so after rain and this one just shines. Do compare the last two days. It is such a transformation.

Attached Files:

3. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

'Orangela' putting out a lot of new growth!

Attached Files:

Acerholic likes this.
  4. Acerholic

5. LoverOfMaples

6. Acerholic

25th August 2020, the calm before storm Francis arrives. Morning sun and my Orangeola. Never fails.!!!

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

28th August 2020 and the ground is incredibly wet for the time of year. Just had more hail stones and my maples that are heavy in leaf do not like it one bit.
    What more delightful maple than Orangeola in the sun after rain!!!

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

1st September 2020 and the very first Autumn dew arrives after a rather cold night.
    These mornings are just made for the dissectums.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

7th September 2020 and in Southern England it is getting warmer once again. So surprised to see my maples with such dry leaves this morning. But this year is so very different for so many reasons!!?
    How dry is my Orangeola this morning!!? Very dry indeed. But looking OK IMO.

Attached Files:

10. Acerholic

12th September 2020 and believe it or not, new growth is everywhere in my garden, together with Autumn colours emerging. Temperatures of 31°C expected in a couple of days.
    The picture says it all, so weired for this time of the year,

Attached Files:

11. Acerholic

23rd September 2020 and the first full day of Autumn. We have lots of rain so the dissectums come into their own IMO.

Attached Files:

12. Acerholic

26th September 2020 when all around is doom and gloom, some maples are still showing new growth however cold it is.
    Had to show my Orangeola today, just to post the new growth.

Attached Files:

13. Acerholic

3rd October 2020 and Orangeola is doing what it does best now. Especially in so much rain.

Attached Files:

14. Acerholic

5th October 2020 and very ominous dark skies that made my flash go off when taking photos this morning. I make no apologies for adding this one so soon after my last as it deserved a posting IMO.

Attached Files:

15. Acerholic

My Orangeola on the 11th October 2020 had a look of a sugar glaze from the heavy overnight dew. So thought I would share the photo I just took.

Attached Files:

16. Acerholic

20th October 2020 and everything is moving along now. Colours emerging every day.

Attached Files:

17. Acerholic

21st March 2021 and when a maple looks so good as this before it leafs out then you just have to marvel at this wonderful cultivar. Well I do anyway.
    Orangeola 706.JPG

18. Acerholic

13th April 2021 and my special tree that is next to me on my patio, my Orangeola that is underway. I just don't stop staring at this maple from now until the leaves drop. Gives so much pleasure.
    Orangeola 188.JPG

19. Acerholic

28th April 2021 and my Orangeola could give Jeddeloh Orange a run for it's money.
    Orangeola 206.JPG

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  20. LoverOfMaples

Pic taken a few days ago. It's looking as lovely as ever.

Attached Files:

Shin-Deshojo and Acerholic like this.
  21. Acerholic

It sure is D.

22. Acerholic

@Luke’s Maples, sorry it's late Luke, but the Orangeola we were talking about on Amazing Maples the other day. Charlie still has it. It's on his latest YouTube video this evening. And yes the trunk is as thick as someone's leg. Definite Wow factor.

23. Acerholic

13th May 2021 and my Orangeola is now coming out in the sunshine. So very late this year, but worth the wait.
    Orangeola 224.JPG

Shin-Deshojo likes this.
  24. Acerholic

24th May 2021 and after the driest April on record, we now have possibly the wettest May. So here is my Orangeola enjoying the rain.
    Orangeola 237.JPG Orangeloa 238.JPG

Shin-Deshojo and D97x7 like this.
  25. Shin-Deshojo

Shin-Deshojo Well-Known Member

Your pictures show why I love this cultivar, so much different tones depending on where the light hits... the whole tree in full leaves is always spectacular in full sun.
    It must be one of the few maples that I can stand in front during a long moment everyday all the season.