Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

15th July 2020, my Trompenburg is doing what it does best and that is displaying lovely form to its leaves and the deepest reds.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

My Trompenburg is suffering a little damage to the tips at the end of July, but I can cope with that. The colours are still striking IMO.
    28th July 2020 photo.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

12th August 2020 still very hot and in fact yesterday was the hottest I've ever seen in my garden. Ground temperature hit 48° C by my trees.
    They are all now suffering. But I will continue the Summer diary as requested.
    Two weeks on and now in the midst of record high temperatures, my Trompenburg is putting on new growth.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

14th August 2020, rain at last here in England and Oh how my Maples needed it. Just over two weeks until Autumn starts here in the UK and the colours are rapidly changing.
    Trying to take as many photos as possible to keep up to date with the requests.
    Well I promised to show how the new growth coped on my Trompenburg and here it is. Little bit of scorch but not too bad IMO.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

17th August 2020, now three days of heavy rain and my trees are picking up at last.
    My favourite in my garden this morning. The rain was almost balancing on the deep maroon coloured leaves ready for a photo.
    Some leaves beneath that were caught by the intense heat of the sun during August have not fared so well, but it is all picking up now.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

22nd August 2020 and these are photos of the same tree. It is just amazing how my Trompenburg can have so many different leaves. But it has !!!

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

28th August 2020 and the ground is incredibly wet for the time of year. Just had more hail stones and my maples that are heavy in leaf do not like it one bit.
    The deep dark colours of my Trompenburg show so well after rain.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

13th September 2020 and the sun is shining and it is getting warmer and warmer once again. So I hope my photo conveys this lovely near Autumn day. What a wonderful cultivar Trompenburg is. It delights all season long in my garden.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

24th September 2020 and Autumn has really hit home quickly. Cold nights and lots of rain already. But raindrops on colourful leaves is why Autumn is a favorite for so many of us Maple enthusiasts.
    My Trompenburg has so many shapes it is hard to know where to look atm. But I thought that these leaves deserved a photo.

Attached Files:

10. Acerholic

3rd October 2020 and my Trompenburg has these amazing colours now.

Attached Files:

11. Acerholic

8th October 2020 and although I have posted this one today on an appreciation, I wanted to continue with this photo diary of my Trompenburg.

Attached Files:

12. Acerholic

22nd October 2020 and my Trompenburg has turned fully scarlet red now, but is also showing signs of probably not going to last too long this Autumn. Catch them whilst you can is my motto.

Attached Files:

13. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

90% in the shade, the colours are much less impressive, at least so far, except for a few spots. But it was in a sunnier spot last year and the leaves were badly scorched, so I prefer it like that :

acerp-tromp_201029a.jpg

Acerholic likes this.
  14. Acerholic

@AlainK , love the variation in colours you have with your Trompenburg Alain. Might not be so intense, but so interesting. I really enjoy the transition phase and the up close intricacies of each leaf.

15. AlainK

The colours are changing rapidly, I'm afraid the leaves won't stay long :

acerp-tromp_201101a.jpg

16. Acerholic

Not long, but beautiful Alain.

17. Acerholic

29th March 2021 and my Trompenburg this year seems to have buds everywhere. It's the same with all my trees. Is it the lack of pollution over the last 12 months due to lockdowns and very little traffic ??? Who knows, but my maples are happy.
    Trompenburg 714.JPG

18. Acerholic

17th April 2021 and after 10 consecutive night frosts, here is my Trompenburg in the bright morning sunshine. This is my favourite for today. Tomorrow I'm sure I will have another. That's the beauty with maples, every day is different.
    Trompenburg 193.JPG

19. AlainK

Two days ago :

acerp-tromp_210415a.jpg

Acerholic likes this.
  20. Acerholic

Now that's what a Trompenburg should look like. Very nice Alain.

21. Acerholic

23rd April 2021, early morning spray with rainwater and then some lovely sunshine to start the day. I'm not going indoors when they look like this. As Luke @Luke’s Maples said yesterday, "Just going to sit and look at my trees". What a very good idea Luke!!
    Trompenburg 190.JPG

22. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

My 'Trompenberg' today

Attached Files:

Acerholic likes this.
  23. Acerholic

Are you finding Trompenburg is a deeper red this Spring D? Mine is.

24. Acerholic

3rd May 2021 and now the brilliant deep reds of my Trompenburg start to show. This cultivar is a must in a garden if you enjoy a slightly different palmatum.
    Trompenburg 211.JPG

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  25. Acerholic

20th May 2021 and now with a few weeks of rain and some sunshine, my Trompenburg has come out to glow in the morning sun.
    Trompenburg 233.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.