Acer palmatum 'Shaina'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

19th September 2020 and Summer is ending this weekend according to forecasts. Bright early morning sun is still helping maples in my garden to look nice.
    Will all this new growth survive, I doubt it, so am enjoying it whilst I can.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

24th September 2020 and Autumn has really hit home quickly. Cold nights and lots of rain already. But raindrops on colourful leaves is why Autumn is a favorite for so many of us Maple enthusiasts.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

3rd October 2020 and Shaina is at it's best in the very wet weather we are having atm.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

11th October 2020 and my Shaina gets brighter and brighter with every start to a day. This cultivar never fails.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

14th October 2020 and if you want a maple to give you a pick me up in the morning, then Shaina will do just that.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

23rd October 2020 and my Shaina is now a dazzling display in my garden. Nevet a year goes by without being pleased with this cultivar.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

3rd November 2020 and my Shaina in the afternoon sun was still giving lots of colour. If you want continued colour through the seasons get a Broom.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

It was lovely to chat to some new members on PM's the other day, one of the questions was, can I post more of my early Spring photos to show their progression ? So here goes on the 25th March 2021.
    Shaina 710.JPG

zfrittz likes this.
  9. zfrittz

zfrittz Rising Contributor

So is one of mine. And an approximation graft.

Attached Files:

AlainK and Acerholic like this.
  10. Acerholic

Mediterranean weather coming my way next week, so hope I will catch up a little J, lol.

11. Acerholic

5th April 2021 and the start of another season, whereby I know that my Shaina will give me so much pleasure all through the year. This is a 'strong' cultivar in anyones garden. Perfect for a person's very first in-roads to growing a maple.
    Shaina 180.JPG

12. Acerholic

13th April 2021 and from now on my Shaina just dazzles and dazzles all year long. Well it does for me... lol.
    Shaina 188.JPG

13. Acerholic

6th May 2021 and bright sunshine and my Shaina go together very well IMO.
    Shaina 218.JPG

14. Acerholic

1st June 2021 and it has taken this long this year for a complete leafing out of my Shaina. The latest I've ever known.
    Shaina 248.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  15. Acerholic

4th July 2021 and a very strong cultivar in my garden doing very well this year.
    Shaina 291.JPG

D97x7 and Xi-feng like this.
  16. Acerholic

20th April 2022 and one I look forward to seeing every year. The rain has really helped it overnight.
    Shaina 20th April 2022.JPG

17. Acerholic

16th May 2022 my fully leafed out Shaina with raindrops this morning.
    Shaina 16th May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  18. Acerholic

26th May 2022 and I was asked if Shaina keeps it's red through Summer, so as this time is approaching I will update regularly to show how it looks.
    Shaina 26th May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  19. Acerholic

31st May 2022 and still with some rain drops in a shaded part of my garden this morning. My Shaina still has some nice colours.
    Shindeshojo 31st May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  20. Acerholic

1st July 2022 and as I mentioned this one in a post earlier today, I thought a couple of photos to show it's colour in full sun.
    Shaina 1st July 2022 (2).JPG Shaina 1st July 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  21. Acerholic

21st October 2022 and my Shaina never fails to give pleasure. One of the toughest in my collection btw.
    Shaina 21st October 2022.JPG

AlainK and LoverOfMaples like this.
  22. Acerholic

10th November 2023 and my Shaina a year on looking quite scarlet this morning.
    PXL_20231110_073842884.jpg