Early Spring?

Discussion in 'Maples' started by AlainK, Feb 16, 2021.

1. dangerine49

dangerine49 Contributor

I had a dream a few days ago that some of my maples leafed out when I wasn't paying attention. But alas, it was just a dream.

I've been checking things out every morning when I walk Harry and finally this morning two of my trees have finally shown signs of spring!

Attached Files:

zfrittz, Acerholic and Margot like this.
  2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Although a continent apart yours are at the same stage as mine J. Dreaming about maples eh, now that's a serious addiction, Lol.

3. Acerholic

I wanted to get a few on the new Spring colours thread, but I will have to keep on this one a little longer as mine are still getting ready.
    Here are a few of mine this morning after an unexpected overnight frost.
    Corallinum 711.JPG Shaina 710.JPG Musashino 710.JPG First ghost 710.JPG Ukon 710.JPG Amagi shigure 710.JPG Purple ghost 710.JPG Kandy kitchen 710.JPG Aconitifolium 710.JPG

dangerine49, zfrittz and Shin-Deshojo like this.
  4. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Buds are opening on these two Acer shirasawanum "x" (seeds from 'Autumn Moon', but rather different) :

acershir-sem2_210326a.jpg acershir-sem3_210312a.jpg

zfrittz and Shin-Deshojo like this.
  5. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Acer cappadocicum, and Acer cappadocicum 'Rubrum'. The latter is not very different from the species, except for the colour of the bark on young branches, and more red on the leaves when they open, but almost identical in full leaves :

acer-cappadoc-2_210326a.jpg

zfrittz likes this.
  6. Acerholic

A few more of mine this morning before the heat comes in the next few days, they are talking about records being broken in the UK. We will see, but for now everything is quite normal.
    Moonrise 713.JPG Jordan 713.JPG Mr Sun 713.JPG Shishio 713.JPG

dangerine49 and zfrittz like this.