Limon Dulce Tree

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by codlin, Nov 25, 2020.

1. codlin

codlin New Member

I read on your forum, that a person, in London, Ontario - has a Limon Dulce tree. I would love one, but they are hard to find. If you know, how I can get one, please reach out.

2. Will B

Will B Active Member

Do you know the proper latin name? Limon can mean either lemon or lime. I have several sweet versions of each kind in my collection, some of which we sell locally, but not sure if any match what you are looking for. Here is the list of plants in my collection: Citrus | Aprici ... maybe NZ lemonade, or palestine sweet lime?

Note we do not necessarily have a given variety for sale at a given point in time. The most current list of what is in stock is here: Citrus for sale | Aprici

Also, please keep in mind we do not ship, we only sell locally. Since you seem to be in the USA you may want to look at one of the fine US based sellers of citrus instead. I have heard good things about fourwinds growers for USA customers: Four Winds Growers: Citrus Trees

3. codlin

codlin New Member

No, I do not. It is a sweet lime, with lighter green color, in the inside. I think it originated in Asia.

4. Will B

Will B Active Member

5. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Limon dulce appears to be the common name in Spanish for Citrus limetta: Limes / Citrus Pages.

Keep in mind there are restrictions limiting the movement of citrus in the States.

6. Will B

Will B Active Member

interesting. Looks like four winds has it as Millsweet Limetta tree. Millsweet Acidless Semi-Dwarf Limetta Tree Never tried that one so not sure what the differences are to the Palestine sweet lime. ... looks like they could ship it to you if you are not in texas, arizona, or florida.

7. codlin

codlin New Member

Thank you, sounds right. Does appear to be more lemon looking, then lime.

8. codlin

codlin New Member

It would be interesting to taste the difference. One is higher in acidity. I believe the one I was looking for was not a dwarf or high bred. Thank you.