Akcay Sekeri

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Will B, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Will B

Will B Active Member

We harvested the Akcay Sekeri fruit today. Quite a nice harvest from such a small plant! The Akcay Sekeri is also known as the crescent sweet orange. Originally from Turkey. High sugar content. Sekeri is the Turkish word for sugar. Sweet and delicious, great for eating fresh or making juice.

Fruit is medium sized and elongated. Very juicy and with a sweet complex taste. Distinct and sweeter than navel oranges. Leaves are generally large and glossy dark green. White flowers. Lovely little tree.

Our notes on the Akcay Sekeri are available here: Akcay Sekeri | Aprici

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Daniel Mosquin and Margot like this.
  2. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

Not much use unless you're on Facebook and I am not. I'll try to contact you some other way . . . this sounds like a great orange for us here in Nanoose Bay.

3. Will B

Will B Active Member

Sorry, that was not intentional. Facebook somehow inserted a redirect to itself in the URL. I have updated the post to remove the facebook redirect, and here is the direct link in any case: Akcay Sekeri | Aprici ... as for growing citrus in Nanoose Bay, please keep in mind most citrus will need protection in our climate. You might want to read through our growing citrus pages available here: Growing Citrus on Vancouver Island | Aprici

Margot likes this.