Appreciation: Palms in the greenhouse

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by bihai, Sep 18, 2020.

1. bihai

bihai Well-Known Member 10 Years

I will try to get one...its very big, and its hard to get in the frame because it is in the midst of a lot of other plants

2. bihai

@Nik this is my chammy micro. Its very hard to photograph just the palm because this area is intensely planted. Its really huge. The top, and the bottom

Attached Files:

Nik and Acerholic like this.
  3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@bihai good morning, loving all your greenhouse plants and especially at the moment here in England when all is wet and very windy, so all the colours of Autumn have dissapeared very fast.

4. bihai

Things outdoors and starting to do dormant here as well...the Curcuma and Shomburghkia gingers and brining, the deciduous trees are losing their leaves. It will be cooler here all to soon

5. Nik

Nik Contributor

Thank you for posting these, @bihai . It looks great! Male or female? I believe mine is female, but I am not 100% sure, because I have never seen side by side comparison between male and female inflorescences.

6. bihai

I don;t actually know. It does produce red fruit

7. Nik

Nik Contributor

So you definitely have a female plant. If there are no other micros in the area, then it is cross pollinated by other species. I never got any fruit, because I have no other palms.