Acer palmatum 'Corallinum'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by mjh1676, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

I would like to add my photos of my Corallinum in Spring 2020. This cultivar has a freshness that others fail to compete with IMO. Compared to others that display lovely shades of pink, it is also surprisingly hardy.

D

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

This is the 6th July 2020 and after a battering of strong warm winds for the past 4 days my Corallinum is doing very well. It is in full sun and not in a sheltered position.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

29th July 2020, as promised another photo of my Corallinum. It loves the sun. And I love this cultivar.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

7th August 2020, rain through the night thankfully, as it's going to be the hottest day this year in the UK. I will post my maples during and after this heatwave.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

This is the 10th August 2020 and still in the heatwave. This is my continuing diary of my maples throughout the Summer as requested.
    My Corrallinum has gone from golds to green in a matter of a few days. So fast the change now!!

Attached Files:

6. MapleMO

MapleMO Contributor 10 Years

This is a recent addition to my collection and does not disappoint. It seems to do fine in full sun and I am looking forward to seeing it grow a little bigger and fuller.

Attached Files:

Acerholic likes this.
  7. Acerholic

@MapleMO, bet your pleased it's in the ground, I'm with you on this one, it is pretty and stands up well to full sun.
    Looks like you are having a lot of fun planning and planting out your trees. Trouble is what to do with all those empty pots, Lol.

8. MapleMO

Hi D, indeed loads of fun. I am so fortunate to now have a bit of garden to put them in as I do find it challenging to keep them thriving in a pot. Yes, got a barn full of empty pots now waiting to be filled again!

9. Acerholic

@MapleMO, good to hear. Empty pots can lead to more visits to the nursery though, lol.

10. Acerholic

27th August 2020 the winds have died down at last. Some suffered more than others.
    Two weeks in and my Corallinum is now going into Autumn colours fast.
    Loved this one this morning, very much my favourite in my garden today.

Attached Files:

11. Acerholic

4th September 2020 and the days seem to be getting shorter and shorter, which is a bit too fast for me. Busy time of the year in the garden for us maple growers, with less daylight !!!
    A morning with no dew or rain, but colours now popping up everywhere!!
    Probably my favourite in my garden today, bar one. 'Starfish'.

Attached Files:

12. Acerholic

7th September 2020 and in Southern England it is getting warmer once again. So surprised to see my maples with such dry leaves this morning. But this year is so very different for so many reasons!!?
    New growth yet again in my garden and this on my Corallinum. I do have some dead wood to prune out today on my Corallinum and I expect this will sadly have to be done in a few weeks here.

Attached Files:

13. Acerholic

9th September 2020 and new growth springing up everywhere. It so warm and today at 0800hrs it was 18°C.
    I had to show this, Autumn colours emerging fast and new growth a few days ago. What a mixture!!!

Attached Files:

14. Acerholic

15th September 2020 and half way through the month already, but it is hot again, 30°C yesterday and expected hotter today.
    But as is so often at this time of the year, the morning dew is here again, making trees look pretty.
    My Corallinum is changing so fast, it's hard to keep up with it.

Attached Files:

15. Acerholic

17th September 2020 and the colours are making a big appearance. Corallinum is now giving it's best in my garden.

Attached Files:

16. Acerholic

22nd September 2020 and the Autumn Equinox, all the colours are so varied now.

Attached Files:

17. Acerholic

1st October 2020 and the colours are coming. Plus of course with this crazy year, new growth.

Attached Files:

18. Acerholic

October 6th 2020 and very wet, but with early morning sunshine it is making my maples look rather pretty IMO. I took tbis photo to try and show that the new growth has not been hit yet.. As can be seen even now it's holding on.

Attached Files:

19. Acerholic

23rd November 2020 and my Corallinum is showing great colouring even now.

Attached Files:

20. Acerholic

It was lovely to chat to some new members on PM's the other day, one of the questions was, can I post more of my early Spring photos to show their progression ? So here goes on the 25th March 2021.
    Corallinum 711.JPG

21. Acerholic

16°C on the 29th March 2021 and now they start to do their thing. Hopefully the overnight frost on Easter Monday won't affect the delicate leaves.
    Corallinum 714.JPG

22. Acerholic

2nd April 2021 and my Corallinum is breaking out in the morning sunshine. A bit chilly today but lovely as well.
    Corallinum 716.JPG

AlainK likes this.
  23. Acerholic

18th April 2021 and from now on this most colourful of all maples in Spring is giving it's best.
    Corallinum 195.JPG

24. Acerholic

18th June 2022 and two months since my last posting shows a very happy Corallinum in my garden this morning.
    Corallinum 271.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  25. MapleMO

Mine was bright red this spring but suffered from the spring frosts. It is finally starting to fill in and has some nice new red leaves. Last 2 pictures are from today. It does look quite different from yours D, maybe because mine is in full sun all day?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Acerholic, LoverOfMaples and D97x7 like this.