1 August 2020 Tomato Juice

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Durgan, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

1 August 2020 Tomato Juice
    Posted on August 1, 2020 by Durgan
    1 August 2020 Tomato Juice 1 August 2020 Tomato Juice
    Nine liters of pressure canned juice was made.Each liter jar is about 2 pounds of tomatoes.The straining of the food mill residue through the Champion Juicer is not shown.Oversight.Canning pressure is 15 PSI for 15 minutes.The tomatoes were cooked in their own juice-no water added.
    [​IMG]

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Durgan, pure concentrated Tomato juice, cannot get much better than this. What is the length of storage time?

3. Durgan

Some jars are from 2018. I have never had one jar exhibit spoilage. It is a poor tomato year, I may have to buy some. I like to have about 70 to 100 liters for the off season.

4. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Durgan, 2 years that's amazing.

5. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

I just looked Champion Juicers up online - no small change but definitely worth the cost if you get lots of use out of it - which you obviously do!

6. Durgan

The Champion Juicer was given to me. A first I refused but it was brought in and I was astonished at the usefulness of the device.
    At the time I had a centrifugal juicer, which was basically useless. I used the blender and raw juice for a number of years, which is not bad. I started cooking and found in general juice cooked is far more digestible when cooked and I slowly developed the pressure cooking method. Half expecting to get sick, but found the methods postulated were deficient, time consuming and discouraged people from experimenting. I have absolute faith in 15 PSI for 15 minutes.DONE PROPERLY.