Lavender Phenomenal (Lavandula x intermedia) help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by BobEGreenThumb, Jul 19, 2020.

1. BobEGreenThumb

BobEGreenThumb New Member

Hi, first time growing Lavender Phenomenal (Lavandula x intermedia). Looking for info on next step for these two new plants. They are from cuts that we bought online. Looks like they are doing good but alot of reading and just double checking what we have been reading for care for the next step(s). Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@BobEGreenThumb, first of all Bob, they look in very good shape.
    Secondly, these as all Lavenders like full sun and do not want to be over watered.
    Having them in a saucer can cause a problem, as they will sit in water when you do water. Good drainage is really important.
    After they flower it is important to trim off the dead stems to stop it becoming leggy.

BobEGreenThumb likes this.
  3. BobEGreenThumb

BobEGreenThumb New Member

Thanks. We,ve been watering these very lightly, waiting until the soil is totally dry. No water is ever in the saucer sitting. We put them outside during the day, full sun. So I take it we just leave them until they bloom and then trim. I did see a video showing to cut it down at this point but I guess that was wrong. Thanks for the help, again.

4. GreenLarry

GreenLarry Active Member 10 Years

Everything Acerholic said really. Good drainage, careful watering and good sun, preferably outside in summer (the type plant is listed in an old indoor plant book I have!)

BobEGreenThumb likes this.