Aquatic plants native to British Columbia

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Native Plants' started by Rebecca Bender, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Rebecca Bender

Rebecca Bender New Member

Hello! I'm hoping to create an aquarium using only native aquatic plants. Is there a list of these plants and perhaps where to find them? I know there are a lot of marsh plants, but I'm looking for fully aquatic. Thanks!

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Keep in mind that the native species will all be adapted to outdoor conditions

4. Chandra434

Chandra434 New Member

Have you had much success in finding information about native plants in aquaria?

5. Blindsideflanker

Blindsideflanker New Member

Hey, I’ve been exploring this idea as well. Best I’ve found were those two resources in the 2nd post. Otherwise, looking up “native aquascapes” “North America native aquascape” etc. on Youtube can provide a bit of info.

Here are some other resources. Different watershed for the Alberta one but I’m sure there are similar plants and it notes whether they are invasive or not.
    https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...lant-Book-1st-Edition-Nov-2016.pdf?1487109804

Aquatic Plants of Canada Lakes