11 November 2019 Decarboxylation

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Durgan, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

11 November 2019 Decarboxylation
    Posted on November 11, 2019 by Durgan
    11 November 2019 Decarboxylation 11 November 2019 Decarboxylation
    There are a few grams of marijuana that needs decarboxylation. I handle in 30 gram batches. I utilize the raw marijuana cooked in the pressure cooker at 15 PI for approximately 30 minutes. Procedure is to fill 250 ml jars and 500 mil jars with 30 and 60 grams respectively,and pressure cook for about half a hour. I use it as a sleep aid infused with olive oil. There are several methods to decarb and this method appears to be ideal.
    The product is not ground too fine, simply cut into reasonable size pieces. dsc_3467_std.jpg

2. Pocoveggie

Pocoveggie Member

Thanks for this. I used a crock pot to decarboxylate the 4 legal plants I grew this summer. I hung them to dry for a week or so, then ground them up and put them in the slow cooker with coconut oil and water (to prevent boiling). After about 24 hours I put it outside overnight (it was quite cool) and the infused oil hardened enough to take out of the water. I strained out the plant material using a sieve and an old, clean t-shirt and was left with beautiful green oil that is liquid or semi-solid at room temp, or hard when refrigerated. I too use marijuana to help sleep and after making some oil into gummies I found it works okay. My question: next fall, can I skip the hanging up and drying of my little crop, or does hanging and drying before decarboxylation help anything?

3. Durgan

4. Pocoveggie

Pocoveggie Member

Thank you for your reply. I’ve wanted a pressure cooker for a while so this is one more good reason to buy one.
    That little Ardent machine looks perfect.

5. Durgan

In the Ardent olive oil infusion can be made. Basically a tincture. I experimented for about two years and have now quit, since it does nothing positive for me. I don't smoke. My experience indicates that the benefits are over stated.

6. Pocoveggie

Pocoveggie Member

I believe the benefits are oversold, but marijuana research has discovered some very beneficial applications and will find more in the future. So far though, like you, I mostly only have personal experience to go by, but what I’ve found has been beneficial, in some ways, for me. But no magic bullet.

Durgan likes this.